Re: cyg_alarm - suggestion for enhancement

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 14:22, NavEcos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there would be any interest in enhancing the
> cyg_alarm API to include the ability to change the alarm_fn callback
> after the alarm has been created.
>
> The motivation for doing this: It would aid programmers in porting from
> vxWorks to eCos when they are using watchdogs with vxWorks.
>
> It would be a very simple matter to add this functionality and I will be
> happy to do it.
>
> I am uncertain about the procedure though.  Should I make the changes
> and then send the patches here, or should I get approval first and then
> make the changes?

Do it however you'd like :-)  After all, it's an Open Source
project and you have complete control.

However, if you'd like to contribute the work and have it included
in the public sources, you'll want to follow some guidelines.
  1. You'll need to have a Copyright assignment on file.  See:
     http://sources.redhat.com/fom-serv/ecos/cache/47.html
  2. Send your changes to ecos-patches@sources.redhat.com, along
     with any description, defense, etc, so that we can review
     them.  Most likely, we'll then include your changes.

You can also take your requests and ideas to
ecos-devel@sources.redhat.com which is a list dedicated to such
discussions.  [It's just the same set of "eyes" in a different
forum]

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |