backup repository on CD

Hi,
I want to back up a snapshot of my ecos repository on
a recordable CD. When I get data back from the CD,
(copy and paste) there are always strange things like
some file it can not find. Even sometime we have the
reposition copied back to my PC, I realize that some
files possiblly missing. I wonder if it's because
some limitation like length of diretory names etc.
cassed that.
Anyone has done that?
Win98 +  Adaptec Easy CD Creator.

Thanks