Re: beginner question

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 09:39:38AM +0200, taraben.a@wige-data.de wrote:
> After reading all the documents it seems to me that in eCos a
> application is linked to the OS (eCos).
> Does that mean that under eCos is only ONE proccess runnable??

Nope. 0 processes :-)

eCos uses the thread model, not the process model. You can have as
many threads as you want.

You cannot dynamically add or remove application code, like you can on
a Unix OS. You link the entire system once and run that as a whole. If
you want to add a new application, you link it in and reboot to the
new image. For deeply embedded systems, this is the more appropriate
model.

    Andrew