Re: lwip& redboot question

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 13:45, Jani Monoses wrote:
> Hi
> I want to make lwIP's eth_drv work with redboot because so far it only works with gdb stubs...
> I copied the part from the net/eth_drv which locks around funs->send so access to the
> hardware is serialized.Is there anything else that should be done?
> I gave different static IP's to redboot and the lwip test app but once
> I run the app the redboot IP no longer responds to pings let alone allowing to debug
> the app....Maybe there is a config option I should definitely set and missed?
> test apps built with the same ecos.ecc are debuggable with redboot.

There's a lot of magic in the net/eth_drv file to support RedBoot.  Does
the lwip stack have it's own version of eth_drv?  If so, you'll need to
duplicate that functionality to get this to work.

Basically, the eCos network stack needs to call into the RedBoot stack
for each incoming packet.  The RedBoot stack will then process the data
if it is for RedBoot, otherwise the data will be processed by the eCos
stack.  The setup for this magic happens at in net/eth_drv.c:393
    #ifdef CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_DIAG
    // Set up interfaces so debug environment can share this device
        {
            void *dbg = CYGACC_CALL_IF_DBG_DATA();
            if (!dbg) {
                CYGACC_CALL_IF_DBG_DATA_SET((void *)sc);
            }
        }
    #endif