Re: patches reviewed?

Koeller, T. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is anybody currently reviewing patches that have been submitted to
> ecos-patches@sources.redhat.com? The reason why I'm asking is that
> I submitted quite a couple of those, but almost never got any response
> from the developers. I had to make those changes because some things
> just wouldn't work the way they were, and there's a schedule for the
> project I'm working on. If my changes are good, I'd like to see them
> integrated into ecos as soon as possible, so I do not have to maintain
> a patched source tree indefinitely. If I made mistakes or missed any
> important aspects, I'd like to be pointed at those errors, so I can
> fix them. However, I got a feeling that every patch submitted is absorbed
> by some kind of black hole, something I find quite annoying.

They aren't in a black hole. They will get reviewed. However we've got a
slight situation that we haven't got clarity about what to do with the
patches once approved! There are somewhat political reasons behind this
:-|. This _will_ get resolved, but unfortunately we aren't able to do so in
the near term.

But do rest assured that the patches are not forgotten. (e.g. I'm not keen
on the libsupc++ patch, but I'll comment on that in the right on place).