Re: About adding new platform

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 04:42:11PM +0100, jameshq wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>   What I want to do is to use another set of gcc development tools (for
> example If I configured another tools set  xxx-elf-gcc, xxx-elf-g++ .... I
> want to use the new tool set as the development when I build the library)
> for the new platform that's why I want to add a new platform.

The toolset prefix is set in the CDL file for the hal you are using.
eg, taking the EBSA285 example again.

    cdl_component CYGBLD_GLOBAL_OPTIONS {
        display "Global build options"
        flavor  none
        description   "
            Global build options including control over
            compiler flags, linker flags and choice of toolchain."

        parent  CYGPKG_NONE

        cdl_option CYGBLD_GLOBAL_COMMAND_PREFIX {
            display "Global command prefix"
            flavor  data
            no_define
            default_value { "arm-elf" }
            description "
                This option specifies the command prefix used when
                invoking the build tools."
        }

So you need to edit the CDL for your HAL.

The other option is to just edit the ecos.ecc file in your work tree
to provide a user_value.

      Andrew