Re: RedBoot FIS Command

Anthony Massa wrote:

> Is "RedBoot" the name of the currently executing flash image.  So, to update
> the current flash image, I update "RedBoot".

RedBoot is normally the name of the image running directly from ROM/Flash.
Redboot[backup] is normally the name of an image to be loaded into RAM and
run from there. We should probably change those names really - they're
quite misleading.

Not very surprisingly if you think about it, you can't update the Flash
image ("RedBoot") if you are running from it at the time - your code will
instantly have moved around!

NB this isn't always the case - on some platforms "RedBoot" is a ROMRAM
startup type application, in which case you can update it, and there's no
need for a RedBoot[backup] image.