Re: terminal emulator, gdb_stub and ROM Filesystem

On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 18:53, ganglu@ustc.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using a hardware platform similar to SAX1100 board. I am new
> to this field. I have several questions:
>
> 1. I am wondering if eCOS can support any terminal emulator using serial
> port? Like I have installed a Linux version to IPAQ and I can use
> minicom or Hyperterminal to connect to IPAQ using the serial port.

This works just fine.

> 2.
> I am using gdb_stub to debug the program.
> But Every time the user program finished, the arm-elf-gdb on
> the pc lost the control. I have to reset the hardware to be
> able to load user program and debug. That is painful.
> Is there anyway that I can load, debug programs again and again
> without reset the hardware?

This is the default behaviour - eCos programs are designed to be stand
alone for an embedded environment.  "Embedded" programs aren't expected
to "stop" :-)

You could add code in the "exit()" function to reset the platform.
There are HAL macros for this.

> 3.
> And I am also planning to use ROM File system. How can I download some
> files directly to the target's File system? How can we access the File
> system from PC end?

Use RedBoot on your target.  It will provide the GDB stubs that you
are already using, as well as FLASH/ROM management, along with a number
of other useful features.