Re: Redboot & SA1110 configuration

On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 22:54, Eric Benard / FREE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to port Redboot to a SA1110 platform similar to Assabet.
>
> I've found the init code, the settings for GPIO, BCR, the registers
> settings (for SDRAM for example) & Co but I can't find where to setup
> the memory configuration :
> I've got 64 MB of SDRAM where the Assabet only has 32 MB.
> I've changed the SDRAM settings (to good ones, tested with Linux kernel)
> in ecos/packages/hal/arm/sa11x0/assabet/current/include/hal_platform_setup.h

It's much better if you create a new package rather than modifying an existing
one.  That way you'll be able to keep your sources in sync with ours.

Start with the assabet package/tree and clone it.  Then go about changing the
names and details to match your particular configuration.  Some guidlines on
how to go about this are in the porting guide which is available from our
web site.  The FAQ at http://sources.redhat.com/fom-serv/ecos/cache/6.html
should help get you started.

> I've seen some files are automgically generated and contain the memory
> informations :
> rbbuild/install/include/pkgconf/mlt_arm_sa11x0_assabet_ram.ldi
> ecos/packages/hal/arm/sa11x0/assabet/current/include/pkgconf
>
> but I don't understand where is the origin of these settings.

The basic memory layout details are contained in those files.  This layout
is described by the MLT (memory layout tool), but that's only available with
our old ConfigTool (Windows only).  For now, the best thing is to simply
clone existing files and modify the contents manually.  In particular the
only files you absolutely have to change are the .ldi (linker file) and
the .h (include file).