problems with hello ecos world

Hi

I got redboot working on a new platform based on an idt part : the rc32v332
but i am having difficulty with building a hello.c  program that i can
download to the platform with gdb.
 When i link to the library produced with the default setting and the
target.ld linker script in the /install/lib directory, builds ok, but the
map shows that the hello program is located in the flash area.  the
/mips/mips32/src/mip_mips32.ld was used to build redboot and the library.

when i modify the target.ld to use mostly ram , i run out of ram but
otherwise builds ok. Either way I am stuck.

Looking at the map of the last case (using mostly ram) i notice that several
of the objects in there are already in the redboot in flash. The hello.c
program itself is very small in comparisom to the many other required
functions. All  that should be required is to modify the linker script to
use for the hello.c with the exact addresses of the many functions required
by the build that are already in the flash part running redboot right ????

Does anybody know if there is an automated way to do this : given the map
file of the redboot in flash,  extract the required names and addresses and
format them into a text acceptable by a linker script?   Other people must
have encountered this problem that occurs when you have much more flash
memory than ram or when you want a very small ram footprint.
There are many functions , some taken from the libtarget.a , some taken from
libgcc.a . I would prefer not to have to do this by hand, as it is
error prone and will have to be redone if the exact position or size of the
redboot where to change.

Have I missed something or is there an other way??

thanks in advance.

Henri