ecos gdb

Host platform= Win98
Traget=PC
GDB=GUI GDB5.1.1

>From File->Target Settings-> Connect, under target I see there 4 types I can
choose from, they are:
cisco/serial
cisco/TCP
remote/serial
remote/TCP

I dont understand how cisco/XXX and remote/XXX differ. I did "help target"
see below, it does not help me much. Does it to you?

List of target subcommands:

target async -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
target cisco -- Use a remote machine via TCP
target exec -- Use an executable file as a target
target extended-async -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
target extended-remote -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
target remote -- Use a remote computer via a serial line