Re: problem with i-paq h3870 redboot install

--- Gary Thomas wrote:

Those files are old, but should be functional.  However, we've never
tried it on a 3870, only on the 3600 series units.

In order to use the serial connection, make sure and not touch the
keyboard or touchscreen after you start the program.  You should be
able to type RedBoot commands on the serial port.

Note: email sent directly to eCos engineers, without being copied to
the eCos discussion list, can and will be ignored.  Direct access is
available with a support contract.
--- end of quote ---

If you could point me to the newer binaries, that would be great.  Other than that, I guess we'll have to try to build it ourselves with the 3800 series hardware in mind or wait.  My take is that there is a hardware interface problem with this redboot and the Ipaq, and that it is freezing the machine at that point, accounting for the lack of communication on the serial, the frozen cursor, and so the rest of the isues.  If you have any other suggestions, that would be great, too.

And, being with Dartmouth College Computing [contact Joe Hill], we have more than a few RedHat service contracts, but obviously won't be getting any for this until we know it can work.

Thanks!

Jared