Re: eCos support for Motorola ColdFire?

On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 14:05, W Jensen wrote:
> I am working on a port to the 5272c3 eval board.  It
> works with proprietary boot code, but I need to make
> it work with Motorola's debugger (dBUG).
>
> How do other eval board ports (PPC) work with vendor
> debuggers?  Do they require you to download the code
> to RAM and type go <addr>, or is there a better way?

Use RedBoot :-)

Honestly, after you have the basic HAL ported and can run code from
ROM/FLASH, RedBoot is free.  I realize that there is a chicken & egg
problem, but to get RedBoot running you need only complete a small
portion of the actual HAL port.  Then you can use it's facilities
to get the rest going.