Re: Can't do BOOTP.

"Park Jun-Ku" <hwatk@madang.ajou.ac.kr> writes:
> Hi,
> I built redboot.bin and it works correctly.
> I succeed in configuring net(ip addr, and etc.) via bootp and downloading via tftp.
>
> Then I built apps that target is 'net'.
> and I configured that
> "CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP = 1"
> "CYGPKG_NET_DHCP = 0"
> (set the "Use BOOTP/DHCP to initialize 'eth0'?" item and
> reset the "Use full DHCP instead of BOOTP" item)
>
> But, it says
> 'BOOTP/DHCP failed on eth0'.
>
> The ESA is same as redboot and so it use same bootp host.

That's why it fails.  RedBoot is taking all the packets which you want the
application to get.

RedBoot and your application must have different IP addresses - they are
distinct network presences.

You must either
a) configure RedBoot (using fconfig) to have a static IP address and use
BOOTP or DHCP to bring up you application
or
b) use BOOTP for RedBoot and bring up your application some other way -
such as static IP address.

        - Huge