Re: PowerPC SMC serial port drivers.

Hi all,

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 01:29:25PM -0700, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-03-02 at 13:16, Erik Reikes wrote:
> > >On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 14:47, Erik Reikes wrote:

[snip]

> > >No, although there has been talk of supporting SCCx ports, we've never
> > >received
> > >any contributions in this area.  At this time, SCCx is not supported,
> > >sorry.
> > >

> > You might want to check out :
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2001-07/msg00734.html
> >
> > It sounds like he implemented it.  I emailed him asking permission to use
> > that code, but haven't heard back from him yet.

Sorry, I received your mail on Fri, 01 Mar 2002 19:20:19.
Here in Austria its not normal to work at that time :-)

> Indeed, I recall asking him for a similar release with no response.
> Don't forget that before we can include anything in the eCos repository,
> we have to receive a copyright release for the code.

My company is still working on our "Open Source Policy"
(currently its not the highest priority task ) and thats
the cause for the delay signing the copyright assignment.

But in the meantime as i told Erik its no problem for
my boss and me to use the code. It is not something
really new and anyway based on Red Hat code (SMC driver).

Surely its ok, and i am pleased if it could be useful
for someone else.

regards, Christoph