RE: question re CYGSEM_IO_ETH_DRIVERS_PASS_PACKETS

> Thanks. Actually, another reader of this list kindly
> answered these last two points a day or two ago.
>
> My status now:
>
> I've enabled debug messages in the 82559 driver, and I see
> that I don't get interrupts from the chip when I send
> packets to it, e.g. from a ping. I confirm with tcpdump
> that the ping packets are being sent to the correct target.
>
> To clarify, I do get interrupts when broadcast packets
> arrive, and I do get transmit interrupts. So interrupts are
> at least enabled to that extent.
>
> Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.
>
> Michael Shiloh

One one thought I had when I read your first post, and it probably won't
help you too much, is that the symptoms you describe sound like the MAC
address on the 82559 chip is not set up properly for some reason.  I have
absolutlely no experience with the 82559, but you might try looking at the
data sheet to see how it sets its (receive) MAC address, what (transmit) MAC
address it uses when it sends packets out, and what the eCos driver does in
between.

As I said, this probably won't help you much, but it's the only $.02 I've
got, and you did ask for "any comments or suggestions" :-)

--wpd