RE: Ethernet problem

Hi again,

>I use ethereal...
>
>www.ethereal.com
>
>Its really easy to fire up and use on PC or Linux boxes.  I've got 3
>computers in my network, and often I need to verify what is going on.

I have downloaded the above program and it works fine. However, i can now
see that my board doesn't send anything out on the network. This is very
strange since i can see that there are some toggling on the tx line when i
run my test_ping (i see this with an oschilloscope). I also get a lot of
"Eth rxevent" which means that i can receive frames from the net. The reason
that i receive frames are that i have setup the controller to read all
frames regardless of its adress. If i setup the controller to just read
frames that adress my board, and then ping it, then it doesn't get into the
stack. It seems that the board doesn't recognize its own address??

What is the prefered way of debugging this problem? Is there any debugging
help build in the tcp/ip stack that i can use - for example see what kind of
package i receive (ip's etc)

Regards, Daniel