Re: code genration for mips32 type processors

actually , i did report it to the list and shure enough the next day (feb
6th) there was a binutils-020206.tar.gz on their cvs . It compiled
successfully . I downloaded the latest snapshot of gcc and using that
recently compiled cross assembler & crosslinker proceeded to generate a gcc
with the mipsisa32 flavour. But that is broken too, some file related to
mips is missing . Reported that to the gcc-help list with a copy of the
error messages but nobody was able to help yet .

There appears to be some prebuilt binaries on the mips site :
ftp://ftp.mips.com/pub/redhat/  . I will investigate this approach in an
effort to expedite things.

My current conclusion is that only the --target=mips-elf suggestion
previously suggested on this thread has a chance to build from scratch (with
a previous released gcc not a snapshot one)  until the tools are repared and
stable . The A brand tool chain based on gcc worked all along to generate
code for the idt part but your site warns that ecos needs a ver 2.95 or
later gcc . Does this warning also apply to redboot ?

thank you

H Girard