code genration for mips32 type processors

Hi All

can anyone  tell me which version and which option to set to build a gnu
crosscompiler
 to generate code for mips32 type processors (like the Mips 4kc
i believe or the idt 79rc32v332 ) while using the cygwin environment?

Presumably , there was a version that worked in the past
since someone produced binaries for the
supported hardware. The required compiler would work with the cygwin
environment on an nt 4.0
and produce code for the mips32 processor. This compiler is required to
build redboot or ecos sources

Despite reading the lenghty on line info about crosscompilers from the gnu
site : gcc.gnu.org
i could not build the gcc crosscompiler required for the job: the
  ./configure --target=mipsisa32-elf does not seems to be recognised

I downloaded the latest gcc compiler release 3.0.3, after gunzip  , tar
,this is an example
output from the cygwin window ,same results where obtained  with the
2.9.5.03 . Are there patches
to the source code of the compiler required for the configure to  work???

..../m/cygwin/gcc303/buildgcc303
$ ../gcc-3.0.3/configure --target=mipsisa32-elf > output.txt
Invalid configuration `mipsisa32-elf': machine `mipsisa32' not recognized
Unrecognized target system name mipsisa32-elf.

the tons of output are routed to : output.txt but the error message
appearing on the screen tells all

thanks

Henri Girard

the original post for the mipsisa32 target was  the following :
Tim Michals wrote:

> Yes, I'm ready to do so, but, where is the mips32 gcc? I thought RedHat
was
> in the process of doing this?

We released it 3 months ago! Use trunk GCC, target mipsisa32-elf.