AT91 USART usage question

Hi,
does eCos disable USARTs on any occasion? I'm encountering dropped bytes on
57600kbaud. I've set up a byte counter in my DSR and it shows the correct
count until I start processing the incoming data. I mean, if I just receive
data and move them into a RAM buffer (having commented out further
processing), everything works fine.

I'm using the Peripheral Data Controller (similar to DMA) to catch incoming
data, so even big delays in DSR calls shouldn't be a problem. I have a big
enough buffer that PDC fills, and my DSR empties it whenever it gets
called. A ring buffer approach doesn't help either. That's why I suspect
the USART gets disabled somewhere.

Any clues?
	Harri