TFTP and UPNP

Group,
	On our old embedded OS we used FTP to check our server to see if it
had a later version of firmware and then ,of course, download it and upgrade
via FTP if it did.  I note from the documentation that eCos only supports
TFTP (from what I've read not as reliable) and we would like to do a
similiar thing.  Has anyone used TFTP for this purpose?  Have you had good
success or lots of problems?  I would appreciate any comments on the
subject.
	Also, I was wondering if anybody has implemented UPNP as part of a
web server on eCos.

Thank You in advance

John Schwartz