Cygwin output redirect?

Not an eCos question, but cygwin is closely related, so I'll ask here:

How can I redirect system tool output to a file? Pipes don't work, nor does
something like command > a.a.

For the moment, I'd like to see arm-elf-objcopy parameter list but most of
it scrolls away as I can't find a way to stop or redirect the output (info
printed if no parameters given).

Please post the parameters here if there isn't a way to get them myself.
My problem is, I have a simple LED blink eCos program, "arm-elf-size
myfile.out" gives:

text		data	bss	dec	hex
10378		577	2471	13426	3472

and if I execute "arm-elf-objcopy -O binary myfile.out myfile.bin",
myfile.bin is >15 megabytes!!! If I use "arm-elf-objcopy -O elf32-little
myfile.out myfile.bin", the size is ~250 kilobytes. Strip-all and
discard-all reduce it to ~15 kilobytes, which looks about right. Still I
need a raw binary image to burn to FLASH, so what's going wrong with the
binary switch?

Thanks,
	Harri