Define constants in CODE (ROM) area.

Has anyone tried to define constants within the program CODE area?
So that no more RAM memory will be wasted as in normal compilers.

Any directives in GCC used for this purpose?  Or any samples already
used in eCos?

For I checked the hardware initialization part for EB40 eCos port.
It uses ARM ASSEMBLY language for defining memory layout constant values.
Any means of using C/C++?  Since that my code may involve many
structures of constants.

Note: some other compilers use "code" before variable declaration
for including in code area.