Re: FW: "warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type"

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 03:40:50PM -0800, Gary Stebbins wrote:
> > From: J. J. Farrell
> >
> > > The error "warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type"
> > > began occurring when I upgraded from gcc 2.95.2 to 3.0.1 (Platform:
> >
> > You don't get warnings when you use the recommended compiler. You do get
> > warnings when you use some other compiler.
> >
> > I guess that makes it your problem!
>
> I thought I was following directions...

My humble apologies - I thought eCos recommended specific versions
of compilers, but they clearly don't. I must either be confusing it
with some other project or going out of my mind.

> What should I be using?

I'll leave that to someone who has a clue what they're talking about!