Re: perl & ecos -- has anyone thought about this

[Get raw message]
On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 10:58, Jeremias, Thilo wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> did anyone thought of getting perl linked into ecos ?
>
> I believe it would be nice, to just create a (simple) script, and have some
> functionality. Eventually an integration of TK, would make sense as well.
>
> Letting a customer write his CD-Player GUI, in Perl/Tk or so.

I've never heard of anyone trying to use perl with eCos. At present, I
believe that there might be licensing issues with this anyway.  It's not
clear (without some reflection) if the perl artistic license is
compatible with the RHEPL.

As for Tk - forget it.  At least on eCos.  Tk requires X windows (AFAIK)
which would never be suitable for eCos.  Other toolkits might be
possible.  Certainly we have already shown that microwindows (with
nano-X) can run well on eCos.