Redboot install after Familiar install problems

hi

I am new to the list...and this is my first mail to the list...
let me introduce myself.. i am a student of NC State University doin MS in
CS....

a couple of weeks back i just got an iPaq and started playing around with
it... removed WinCE and installed Familiar Linux (handhelds.org) on it...i
wanted to look into the cpu-scale modules of that..so had installed
that...

now i want to have eCos system running on my iPaq... so i just went thru
the pages at sources.redhat.com/ecos.... there i could not find anyway to
install redboot.  As I had installed Familiar distro, I had earlier
installed the bootldr from handhelds.org...

The Redboot docs did not say anything abt installing redboot from that
state and talks only of installing from WinCE.... so to be on safe side..
I restored WinCE in to the iPaq.  I was able to restored WinCE but I was
unable to restore the Parrot loader.... when trying to restore the parrot
loader it hangs up after transfering 136k - the minicom terminal stops
responding and the ipaq LCD goes blank...  however when I reboot, I get
WinCE running proeprly without any problmes....so i guess at this stage I
am running the bootldr from handhelds.org and WinCE....

then i read again thru the document of installing redboot... and most of
part when it required Parrot loader was to save current WinCE... so i
decided to ignore that part as I already had my WinCE backup taken before
i set out to install Familiar linux distro...    Proceeding with Redboot,
I used ActiveSync to download OSloader and redboot_WinCE.bin (to the root
foler) and executed OSloader and then did a 'run' as the documentation
says... which is supposed to give me a RAM version of Redboot... bit i
never gives me that... instead it gives me a plain black screen... and
there is no other option by to reboot.....

please suggest as to how should i proceed with installing Redboot !!!

TIA

Ajay Dudani

--
Ajay Dudani <abdudani@unity.ncsu.edu>
Student in Computer Science at NC State University

"Mastery of UNIX, like the mastery of language, offers real freedom.  The
price of freedom is always dear, but there's no substitute.  Personally,
I'd rather pay for my freedom than live in a bitmapped, pop-up-happy
dungeon like NT." -- Thomas Scoville