Re: eth_recv out of MBUFs

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 10:55:18PM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Christoph Csebits wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > i am working on a FCC driver for the MPC8260ADS.
> > (FCC driver is based on the Viper FEC driver)
> > cvs-version 02-Oct-2001
> >
> > i am getting "warning: eth_recv out of MBUFs" messages
> > after while running the tcp_echo - "test suite".
> > sending only 100 packets instead of 1024 works fine.
> >
> > What does this message mean, where should i
> > start in my driver code.
>
> It probably means the mbufs your driver uses for received data aren't
> getting freed after use. Perhaps it isn't getting read fast enough or you
> need to increase CYGPKG_NET_MEM_USAGE if you are hammering it really hard.
> It may not indicate a problem.
>
> Alternatively if the buffers stay allocated even after you've stopped
> hammering it, then that _would_ be a problem :-).

hi, i think i solved my mbuf problem.

Since my FCC driver is based on the QUICC/FEC drivers and
according to Jon Hartley ->
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2001-07/msg00089.html
there are still various bugs in them.

So I worked out the patch for my FCC driver and now it seems
to work.
at least better than before :-) (waiting for arising problems)

thanks to Jon,
best regards, christoph