Re: how to choose the package and the multi-thread

kiki w wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >From what you said, my understanding is:
>
> 1. Without porting redboot on a custom board, we
>     could use the functions such as cyg_thread_create
>     to develop our application software (when building
>     the eCos library, what we need to do is only to
>     include ecos kernel and untron package) and run
>     that code in RAM of our board. We do not need
>     any debugger program running on the custom board.

Well, yes. Although I thought you wanted to go straight to running your
application from ROM. You would have to set your configuration not to
believe a ROM monitor is present though. And if you want debugging, you
would have to include GDB stubs in your app.

But porting RedBoot is as easy as porting eCos. It uses the same HAL as
eCos after all! It's probably easier to port RedBoot as you'll have to do
more or less the same work when porting eCos.

> 2. we could finally build the binary image for ROM by
>    setting up the startup type to ROM and using some
>   flash programmer to download that image into ROM.
>
> Is my understanding correct?  Thanks!

Yes.