Re: hal/arm/sa11x0/ipaq/current/include/hal_platform_setup.h

On 26 Sep 2001, Gary Thomas wrote:

> On Wed, 2001-09-26 at 04:58, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> > Richard Panton wrote:
> > >
> > > I believe that the wrong register is used when initialising the MMU
> > > Control Register in line 301 - r1 should be used (set up on line 295)
> > > rather than r0.
> >
> > You believe or you know? :-). I take it you tried it and it's a happy
> > bunny? If so I'll make the change.

OK, I _know_ it's wrong.

> On current ARM chips (certainly the SA1110), it doesn't matter.  The
> value loaded into 'r1' contains only "reserved MBO" bits.

I was changing the value of the System/Rom bits in the value loaded into
r1, then noted that r1 isn't actually used. It could cause some minor
confusion for anyone else who wishes to do the same.

> For pedantic purposes, the line can be changed.

If there's one thing I've learned about programming, especially low level,
it's that being pedantic is good practice, 'cause that's just the way the
processor is... ;-)

Best Regards,
Richard