how to modify the header files for eb40 to meet a custom board

Hi,

I have successfully implemented some functions using
serial drivers for eb40. Now I plan to write a serial driver
code for a custom built board with chip AT91FR4081,Since
eb40 use the similiar arm chip and eCos does have a eb40
template, I would like to change the header files of eb40
according to the configuration of the custom board coz I
think it is a easier and faster way. But I checked the header
files eCos cresated for eb40 and seems only "hal_platform_setup.h"
and "plf_io.h" includes the platform information. I know at91fr4081
and at91r40807 shares same USART address and control registers.
Does it mean after changing a little bit of the linker script,
The code for eb40 I wrote for eb40 will work with the custom board
without any problems? If not, what are the other header files I need
to change? any recommendation will be highly appreciated.
Thanks so much.

Shaojie Wu