re: serial overruns.

Hi,

I've posted a serial driver for my internal board here that does polled
tx and queued RX using two threads, so the ISR comes in puts stuff into a
queue, the DSR comes in posts a semaphore and the thread gets unleashed
which takes stuff from my incoming queue..

it does polled TX using a thread to send chars from the queue (my
development board has issues :-)... which may be useful for someone...

my driver isn't fully 16550  .. it is 16550 like with
loads of hacks  on it like 4-byte FIFO and single latch register for all 3
ports..

ftp://ftp.skynet.ie/pub/ecos/chimera_serial.c

it might be useful for someone to know how this stuff is done .. also I'm
not claiming it works :-) in fact it may not ...

Dave.

--
      David Airlie, Software Engineer, Parthus Technologies plc.,
       Mary Rosse Centre, National Tech Park, Limerick, Ireland.