Re: RedBoot IDE access on x86 without BIOS

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Mark Salter wrote:

> The IDE code in RedBoot assumes that the IDE controller/interface is
> initialized. If you aren't using the normal PC bios, perhaps the
> chipset has not been sufficiently initialized to support IDE.

Hrmm.. Interesting, yes, you're probably right! In fact, I found the patch
that makes Linux force the IDE controllers on in the LinuxBIOS -> kernel
configuration. I forgot about that and assumed RedBoot would just work
because the Linux kernel just worked. Alright, I'll get something in and
working real soon, and if there's a good generic way to do so on all x86s,
maybe it'd be worth it to fill in that HAL_IDE_INIT macro.

Thanks again, you probably just saved me days :)

- Adam