Re: build redboot from the source code

Shaojie Wu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build the redboot for the EB40 board.
> ( I know I can get the redboot elf file directly, but since I will add more
> functions to redboot,  I need to build the redboot again from the source
> code).
> I downloaded the sourde code from ecos respository, and tried to use the
> arm-elf-gdb and arm-elf-ld to get the exe file.

arm-elf-ld? You should never have to use that directly. How did you build
it?

> After changed the source
> code
> a little bit, the exe file was created successfully. But after downloading
> the code into EB40 board, I could not build the connection by using minicom.
> I was wondering whether I need to configure the source file. Any idea what's
> happening here? It will be highly appreciated if you could give me more
> information
> about this. Thanks

First program the binary from the web site to check you are programming
properly. If that works, try and build redboot without any source code
modifications, following the instructions in the user guide. BTW, did you
remember to use the .ecm file?