Re: Debug messages through serial communication port

Cristiano Ligieri Pereira wrote:

> The faster the clock tick, the worse the problem. I think i'll have to
> live with that, store my debugging info on memory and dump it once and a
> while.

If you're using GDB, then the GDB stubs in your program will be waiting for
an ack from GDB after every line is output. This all happens with
interrupts disabled.

The cumulative effect of that may be what the problem is.

Also there is a certain amount of buffering in the diag code, in as much as
it waits for a newline, but that's all.

Jifl