trying to build redboot for powerpc - package errors

Good day to all of you and thanks for your atention, I'll try to make it short:

After down-cvs-ing latest redboot sources and also latest eCos sources (just in case) I try to compile redboot in Cygwin-window with the powerpc-eabi-gcc - Crosscompiler for powerpc.

Whether I use eCos-Config or try from commandline, as soon as I change repository to checkout\ecos\packages I get:

Error opening eCos repository:

Package CYGPKG_CYGMON: there are no version subdirectories.

Thought of hacking around that, by copying
<ecosdir>\pacakges\cygmon
<checkoutdir>\packages\cygmon

This seemed to work, got new error message:

Error opening eCos repository:

Package CYGPKG_ERROR: there are no version subdirectories.

<ecosdir>\packages\error is a valid directory so, same hack... But:

Error opening eCos repository:

Package CYGPKG_FS_RAM: there are no version subdirectories.

Problem!

There's no such durectory in <ecosdir>\packages\

Also, I think the hack isn't actually the way to handle it.

I need help.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Artus Rosenbusch

Artus Ph Rosenbusch