Re: Re: Networking in a ROM build

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> I noticed you are talking about receive timeout.  My problem is a
> connect timeout from the windows machine to the embedded system.  Is
> there something I'm missing that would tell me that the two are related?

You are right, our problem is also that the call to connect returns a
negative code.
I don't know the detail of the implementation of a socket, but my guess is
that
to connect a socket, some packets with a request for connection are sent
throught
the ethernet interface, which expect a some reply from the host to be
connected to,
thus, maybe you could to do the same for a send timeout. (SO_SNDTIMEO)

Fano