Re: Config tool 2.04 parse error bug.

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> I do have one more comment that I just thought of.  I've noticed that
> the eCos docs say to "mount -f -b c: /c".  I find that a lot of the time
> my code will not compile due to parse errors unless I "mount -f c: /c"
> for textmode.

Yes, that's likely the fix if you had /c mounted in binary mode before. If
you do "mount -f c: /c" does the problem go away? Where did you find
something that said to use -b?

I notice in the original problem it was using /cygdrive/C rather than
/cygdrive/c. I wonder if that's the difference. Can you try "mount -f c:
/C" just for amusement value?

>  I have no idea why, but it might have something to do
> with the difference between linux/unix and windows carriage returns.
> eg. 0x0a 0x0d as opposed to 0x0a only.  So, I would assume /cygdrive/c
> is binary mode by default!

It depends.