What ethernet devices are supported for Compaq iPAQ?

Hi,
    I tried installing the redboot on the Compaq iPAQ H36xx device as stated
on the redboot manual. However, I found out that redboot only recognise
Socket Communications Low Power Ethernet compact flash nic.  Does that mean
I am only restricted to using this brand/model of NIC for redboot to work as
a thin client on iPAQ? How about other brands/models such as those stated
at:
    http://handhelds.org/z/wiki/IpaqHardwareCompatibility

    Can I use them too? Is there any proper documentation on how to add a
new ethernet NIC driver to the redboot instead of using the one provided? I
tried reading the manual or looking at the source codes at the CVS, I had
much difficulties understanding them. Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks and regards
Mr Wong Yee Peng
Engineer
Computer Security Lab