RE: RE: shutdown command

>From what I understand, there is an off mode for the EDB7XXX.  Although
it's not actually off, it is in extremely low power mode which is almost
off.  This mode is the mode just before pressing the reset/wakeup
buttons.

-----Original Message-----
From: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com] On Behalf Of
rob.wj.jansen@philips.com
Sent: August 9, 2001 2:01 AM
To: tadams@theone.dnsalias.com
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] RE: shutdown command

Trenton,

> Is there an eCos generic power off command?  I need to know how to put

> my EDB7xxx board into off mode.  So, I figured if there's a nice
> little function from eCos to do such a thing, that would be great.

If you really mean off mode.... I don't have any automated function for
this, but would call it like operate_power_switch(). For some reason the
function would not need to know if it has to be switched on or off ....

Or do you think of a more advanced feature to put the ARM into sleep
mode ?

Rob Jansen

Software Engineer
Competence Center Platforms
BU Mobile Communications
Meijhorst 60-10, 6537 KT Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Tel: +31-24-353-6329
Fax: +31-24-353-3613
mailto:Rob.WJ.Jansen@philips.com