RE:RE: Build Tests Problem!

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Thomas <gthomas@redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 05:33:27 -0600 (MDT)
To: "Chris C." <phchang@programmer.net>
Subject: RE: [ECOS] Build Tests Problem!

> On 31-Jul-2001 Chris C. wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I selected the redboot template in the config. tool and then generated the bin file. Also, it can
> > work correctly but I found that some error occur when I click the build tests in the config.
> > tool.
> >
> > arm-elf-gcc -mthumb-interwork -g -nostdlib -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,-static
> > -L//E/Gary/Program/eCos/tmp/eCos/new_redboot_install/lib -Ttarget.ld -o
> > //E/Gary/Program/eCos/tmp/eCos/new_redboot_install/tests/hal/common/current/tests/cache
> > tests/cache.o
> > //E/Gary/Program/eCos/tmp/eCos/new_redboot_install/lib/libtarget.a(redboot_main.o): In function
> > `bist':
> > //D/ecoscvs/ecos/packages/redboot/current/src/main.c:596: multiple definition of `cyg_start'
> > tests/cache.o://D/ecoscvs/ecos/packages/hal/common/current/tests/cache.c:222: first defined here
> > /usr/local/arm-elf/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `cyg_start' changed from 56 to 640 in
> > redboot_main.o
> > //E/Gary/Program/eCos/tmp/eCos/new_redboot_install/lib/libtarget.a(redboot_main.o): In function
> > `do_go':
> > //D/ecoscvs/ecos/packages/redboot/current/src/main.c:475: undefined reference to
> > `RedBoot_version'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make[1]: ***
> > [//E/Gary/Program/eCos/tmp/eCos/new_redboot_install/tests/hal/common/current/tests/cache] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/e/Gary/Program/eCos/tmp/eCos/new_redboot_build/hal/common/current'
> > make: *** [tests] Error 2
> >
> > How to solve it?
> > Thanks!
>
> Don't 'build tests' with this configuration.  The redboot template is only useful
> for generating RedBoot.  As you can see, generating any other program from this
> configuration will generate conflicts.
>
> What were you trying to test?  If you just want to validate your basic configuration,
> there are other templates, e.g. 'minimal', which test only the HAL (all that is used
> by RedBoot).

I have generated the redboot bin file and ran it on the target board. I want to do some testing so that I can validate the HAL like timer, interrupt....
I modified the testing source in hal\common\ and using arm-elf-gcc to build the test. The testing program is used to turn on the LEDs on the target board but some errors occur like above error messages.
which main function name should I use?
[main, cyg_start, cyg_user_start]

I selected the kernel template in the config. tool and then built it but I didn't find any image files [bin]/xxx.out file in the bin directory. How to build it and run it via redboot?

Thanks! :D

--

Chris

FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com