CDL question: selecting files for compile?

Hi all,

I'm trying to finish up a cdl file for an ethernet driver
package for the Samsung KS32C5000/S3C4100. The package needs to
compile one common file, and a second file that is selected
based on user-configuration.  IOW, I want to have something
like

  compile -library=libextras.a ethdriver.c physupportA.c
or
  compile -library=libextras.a ethdriver.c physupportB.c

depending on which type of PHY the user has selects when they
configure the package.

Nothing I've tried works.

I split it up into three different compile commands with the
phy support in two individual options, but the "compile"
commands are active whether or not the option is enabled or
not.  I also tried conditional compile targets, but they didn't
get interpreted, they just got stuck into the makefile
literally.

How do you control what files get compiled based on user
configuration?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com