Re: Orinoco Wavelan Driver

Howdy,

> For now they want me to send them as much information about what they
> might need to get the HCF ported to eCos.  So, I'm going to describe to
> them the Generic PCMCIA API in pcmcia.c first.  I would appreciate any
> suggestions about what I should be sending to them.

Ummm. Before you do, 3G Lab have been working on a better PCMCIA
abstraction layer (something more like Card Services - though still not,
if that makes sense) that will keep drivers entirely separate from the
underlying PCMCIA socket. Basically, this has meant rewriting large
sections of the PCMCIA material.

I was going to keep this internally until we had all the material working
properly, but if you're planning on paying cash for someone to port stuff
over to it, then perhaps it would be better to try to get this (somewhat)
accepted in it's current state...

The main current limitation is that it doesn't support RedBoot (i.e.
non-KERNEL network support), though this shouldn't be too hard to add.
Would Red Hat be willing to take a look at this and adjudge it's
suitability for inclusion?

Oh, and before you go out and blow too much money, I'm currently about
halfway through writing a driver for the Symbol Spectrum24 PC card; in
case you were willing to consider an alternative to the one you're trying
to write.

See ya,

Nick
--
Nick Clarey, System Architect        | "Sometimes when you fill a vacuum,
3G LAB                               |  it still sucks."  - Rob Pike