Redboot on MPC8240

Hi,

We have brought up the RedBoot prompt on the MPC8240
target. Its
a nice one. Thanks for the eCos. The tool "ecosconfig"
is really
a good one.

We are not  able to use the gdb.

I get the following errors when I to use the "load"
command at the
gdb prompt:-
"Ignoring packet error, continuing..."
After trying to give a Ctrl^c now at the gdb I will
get
"Reply contains invalid hex digit 107"

I have done the following:-
1.I'm using the powerpc-eabi-gdb  as "powerpc-eabi-gdb
-nw a.out"
2.I get the gdb prompt
3.I have NOT changed the baudrate to 38400 at gdb
4.I have connected to the target using the serial
port. I get the
  following message when I connect "0xa4d30 in ??()".
I didnot
  understand this much.
5.When I trigger the command "load" at the gdb prompt,
it shows the
  start and the size of my text segment properly.

Can someone help me out to get me the gdb working.

Thanks and Regards,
K Srinivas Aithal