Re: RedBoot Problems!

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris C <phchang@programmer.net> writes:

Chris> 1. I have updated the latest version of repository and selected
Chris> the redboot template (PID platform) to build the redboot but
Chris> some errors occured. I haven''t change anything.
>>  Did you import the redboot_R[AO]M.ecm file?

Chris> Why need to import the redboot_R[AO]M.ecm file? I found that
Chris> there are two files, so which file I need to import or import
Chris> both of them?

For RAM startup import _RAM.ecm, for ROM startup import _ROM.ecm. They
set some additional parameters not set by the template.

Chris> 3. I knew that redhat will release a platform HAL for AT91EB40,
Chris> shall I modifiy the sources in the redboot package so that it
Chris> can port to the AT91EB40?
>>  No, that will already have been done.

Chris> If I want to port the reboot to the AT91EB40, do I need to
Chris> write the ecm files [ram and rom] for AT91EB40?

Yes - but as I said, have patience: there'll be released a RedBoot
port for AT91EB40 in a week or so.

Chris> If I select another template [not redboot], do I need to write
Chris> the ecm files?

No.

Chris> I don't know how to write the ecm file, where can I find some
Chris> reference materials.

.ecm files are just configuration settings. They are created using the
ecosconfig export option (and similar, if existant, in the graphical
configuration tool).

Chris> If I want to download a testing program to the target board via
Chris> gdb stub [rom startup], do I need the flash programmming tool?

Don't know if it's needed to put RedBoot in flash, or if there's
already a board monitor there. Wait for the RedBoot release - it'll
have documentation for getting started.

Jesper