Re: eCos Configuration Tool

diem.b.dang@delphiauto.com wrote:

> Hi All;
>
>      I'm trying to do the memory test on the board with 256k SRAM; the code is
> very simple as start a location write to it and read right out by printf:

> #define START_RAM_ADD  ((volatile U8 *) 0x00000000)
> U8 *ram_add;
>  ram_add=START_RAM_ADD;   /* assign the pointer to the beginning of add */
>
>  for(n=0;n<1000;n++)  {
>        *ram_add = 0xAD;                      /* Write to the address a hex value
>  AD */
>        printf ("%d RAM address %08X %02X \n", n, ram_add, *ram_add);
>        ram_add++;                                  /* Increase the address
> location */
> }
>
> The problem is that the output is always stop at 0x340 sometime at 0x345 (around
> 800 some bytes...)

At a guess because that memory is being used by eCos for something else, so
writing to it will kill something. You don't say what platform this is so I
can't tell for sure.

> 1/ Is the problem come from my eCos configuration setup limit the amonut of RAM;
> if yes, where do I change in the configuration; or what item in configuratool
> should be change.

The MLT has the memory layout.

> 2/ Does eCos has ready code to run for RAM test, If yes please show where can I
> get the code.

In CVS there is a heaptest test in the memory allocation package. That's
the closest. But it can't test memory in use by the rest of eCos, only the
heap.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/