RE: Linux over RedBoot

>On 11-Jul-2001 Venkat Mynampati wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Has anyone tried running Linux over Redboot?
> > i.e a configuration in which redboot is running
> > in flash and linux is loaded into Ram/flash.
> >
> > Could you pls letme know if you were successful
> > in this and how you did it.
>
>We do it all the time on a number of different platforms.
>
>Do you have specific questions about this, or just wondering?
Thanks Gary for responding.
Basically, what i am trying to do is, to load linux(this is for
xscale platform,but not iq80310) on top of redboot, i.e i have
redboot runnning in flash and i am using load command(ymodem, serial
port, my enet has some issues and not working as yet).
hence, i want to understand how other's has done this,
what changes should go into linux's head.S and should i compress
my kernel etc.
I would appreciate if you guys can help me understand this,
by passing some urls/docs/books and src code for a linux port
which works over redboot. I have linux 2.4.2 code downloaded from
kernel.org.
BTW, thanks to Jonathan and other who told me to buy PCI System
Arch, by Tom and Dan. It's a treat to read it.

I have looked at the url passed by Jonathan, but it contained
multiple tar files, whose file names doesn't sound like linux,
so how to get hold the same.

Thanks and Regards,
Venkat N