Re: Idle thread trying to sleep

Fabrice Gautier <gautier@email.enst.fr> writes:
> On 06 Jul 2001 16:37:40 +0100
> Hugo Tyson <hmt@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > For one thing, looping in a DSR will cause you to lose 30 clock ticks,
> > because you'll block the system from running any other DSRs for all that
> > time.
>
> Really? I thougth ISR were enabled during the DSR. And I thought that
> each ISR was taken into account to update the clock counter.

Actually, it can depend on the platform, but for most of the recent ports,
you're absolutely right.  What you describe is exactly the intent.  The
clock will likely be numerically right after all that time, but you'll have
missed (delayed) any alarms and events that were set to occur in the
interval, and any other DSRs of course.

	- Huge