Re: how to make ecos run without GDB connection ?

Tony> hi.  I ported eCos to custom mpc860 board ( with modified mbx860
Tony> package ).  eCos on my board runs well with GDB connecton.  I
Tony> download eCos image via serial with GDB. and see GDB console to
Tony> confirm eCos running.  But I think It is main reason eCos runs
Tony> slowly.

Downloads slowly, you mean, surely. Execution speed will not change
whether downloaded from ethernet or serial.

Tony> So I tried to download eCos image via ethernet (on RedBoot).
Tony> But in that case, eCos dosn't run after downloaded completely.
Tony> I think it's from GDB protocol.

Are you by any chance using the ethernet controller in the
application? In that case the connection will die.

Instead, try to download the application from the RedBoot console
using the load command. Then quite the terminal program, connect with
GDB and set the $pc to the application entry address. Then type 'cont'.

Tony> So I disabled "CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INHERIT_CONSOLE"
Tony> option.  and retried to run eCos without GDB. But the result was
Tony> same.

Don't touch that option when using ethernet - it's required.

Jesper