Re: bug in eCos Configuration tools 2 alpha

At 11:20 AM 6/27/01 +0100, Julian Smart wrote:
>>5).
>>when I click Tools->platform I can't find not even one
>>platform listed in eCos configuration tool 2 alpha, is
>>there any work around?
>
>At present, I think the only workaround is to install an eCos
>distribution. I'll need to work on that.

I tell a lie: if you have HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH set, e.g. to u: and \
respectively, then Configtool will look there for a directory called
.eCosPlatforms and read platform information from the files in this
directory. See ecosplatforms.tar.gz in the Linux distribution (or in
\ecos\ecc\host\tools\configtool\standalone\wxwin\setup in CVS). If the
platform information has already been found in the registry (where it was
installed by the eCos installer) then it won't look in .eCosPlatforms.

Obviously we need something a little more sensible in the long term...

Until the Run Tests dialog is working, this information isn't much use anyway.

Regards,

Julian
--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Unit 200 Rustat House, 62 Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. CB1
7EG Tel: +44 (1223) 271063