RE: Enable EDB7xxx interrupts

> > >I tested the lines with a multi tester.  All the relevant lines
> >
> > You might not see a pulse on that though.
>
>I never clear the interrupts so I should see it shouldn't I?

Not necessarily (remember that I haven't read the datasheet for the 6700
though). The INTSR regs inside the 7312 will hold their request state
regardless of the physical pin state. The PS6700 might be issuing a pulsed
interrupt request. That will latch a request into INTSRx and whisk the CPU
into an IRQ or FIQ state, but it won't leave any state on the interrupt
line itself.

Pop a DSO on the actual pin of the PS6700 (if you have one) and capture the
timeframe surrounding your interrupt event...

>getting anything from the CL-PS6700 controller so I'm inclined to think
>that it is in fact fried.  I'm almost positive that my code for enabling
>everything in the chip is correct.  I'm waiting for a reply from Cirrus

One issue that bit me fair on the rump with the EDB7209 (actually 7212) is
that a jumper needs to be moved and/or a resistor clipped in order to get
interrupts working on the Ethernet controller. There could well be
something similar on your EDB. Check the schematic and see where those
interrupt lines run. I think in the case of the EDB7212 (I'm not looking at
the schematic now... my mind is full of SA1110 PCMCIA problems and I don't
want to confuse myself!) the same interrupt request line is shared between
ethernet and parallel port and the default factory setup routes the CPU's
interrupt line to the parallel port, so no Ethernet interrupts ever.

-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
Embedded Engineer, Digi-Frame Inc.
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Tel (914) 937-4090 9am-6:30pm M-F ET
Personal: http://www.larwe.com/ http://www.zws.com/

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight
that knows not victory nor defeat."
(Theodore Roosevelt)